Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Titles are the WORST!


Hola angels,

Update: I found my Halloween costume kittens!  I am going as a sultry, albeit classy, Snow White.  I had it narrowed down to a Crayola crayon, a girl scout and ole Snow baby, but ‘tickle me pink’ was a tad bland and the ‘Don’t touch my cookies’ title to the classic green uniform with a twist just didn’t seem right…
        
Here’s a pic of what I will be tweaking in order to make this costume custom Carli:


Only the headband and the ‘dress’ minus the red tutu came inside the package (typical, PC), so I will be attempting to hunt down a cheaper pantaloon or perhaps scrap buying one altogether and just neatly staple some red tool into the underside of the yellow skirt.  The gathered nature of the bottom should make this fairly easy.  Contrary to the model’s white knee high spin, I will be wearing some in translucent black which I originally bought in 2006 for a viewing of Rocky Horror Picture Show (recessionista y’all).  Depending on the weather, I have several shoe choices directly from my closet.  Soon to be discussed.

Anyhow, I’m getting way ahead of myself because I have another important fashion purchase to make before H-ween.  I have to get a really hot and preferably flashy new dress for Brook and Frank’s wedding.  After being told that I am not allowed to bring a date, you better believe that I will be looking good and drinking/ dancing up!  Browsing Macy’s ‘Wedding date’ collection online as we speak…I’m thinking either something white or with sequins, both hitting well above the knee.  Hope that’s black tie.  Love ya girl! ;)

I narrowed it down to four online dresses and am going to eventually make it to the store to see if they have them in stock.  I would love if you would tell me your favorite!  I’ll be wearing it at the end of October and then the first of November to one of Chris’ friend’s second weddings, i.e. I don’t know how dressy that will be but the guy took the ‘boys’ to Vegas for his bachelor party so I’m guessing anything goes haha.
        
Dress #1:




MICHAEL Michael Kors Dress, One Shoulder Sequin


$150.00
Light up the night in this metallic-hued sequin dress from MICHAEL Michael Kors!
details
shipping & returns
  • Rayon
  • Hand wash
  • Imported
  • One shoulder style; ruching at shoulder
  • Pullover style with no closures
  • Sleeveless
  • Allover sequins
  • Unlined
  • Hits above knee; approx. 34-1/2 inches long from center back neckline
  • Shop the Women's Dress Finder
  • Web ID: 584042
sizecolorqty


size chart
Dark Camel


         DOS:
http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=sequin+cap+sleeve+cocktail+dress 
(copy/paste this link and the dress is second from the left on the top row)


Donna Morgan Dress, Cap Sleeve Sequined Cutout Cocktail Dress


$168.00
Tripping the light will be extra fantastic when you're wearing this luminous Donna Morgan dress—the sequins give off a super shimmer.
details
shipping & returns
  • Nylon; lining: polyester
  • Dry clean
  • Imported
  • Boat neckline
  • Double button closure at back neckline
  • Cap sleeves
  • Rectangular cutout at back shoulders
  • Allover sequins
  • Fitted silhouette
  • Lined
  • Hits above knee; approx. 35 inches long from center back neckline
  • Great for cocktail dresses or party dresses
  • Shop the Women's Dress Finder
  • Web ID: 596302

      TRES:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=604342&CategoryID=5449#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D949




T Tahari Dress, Annette Sleeveless Gathered


$138.00
Sexy and sophisticated, this fitted dress from T Tahari flatters with a gathered front.
details
shipping & returns
  • Polyester/elastane
  • Dry clean
  • Imported
  • V-neckline and back
  • Concealed back zip closure
  • Sleeveless
  • Gathering at front
  • Lined
  • Hits just above knee
  • Shop the Women's Dress Finder
  • Web ID: 604342

color

Black

      CATORCE:


http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=597707&PartnerID=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc=LINKSHARE-_-4-_-37-_-MP437&LinkshareID=neQRQBqOKtQ-FFIWkzBPS4k5QB8N7UIz9w



INC International Concepts Dress, Sleeveless Racerback Sequin Mini


Reg. $99.50
Sale $79.99
Shimmering sequins give INC's mini dress a glamorous look for your evening out! The racerback styling gives this feminine frock an edge.
details
shipping & returns
  • Polyester; lining: nylon
  • Machine washable
  • Imported
  • Scoop neckline
  • Pullover styling
  • Sleeveless; racerback
  • Allover sequins
  • Fitted silhouette
  • Lined
  • Hits at thigh; approx. 35 inches long from center back neckline
  • only @ macy's!
  • Shop the Women's Dress Finder
  • INC Trend Report
  • Web ID: 597707

color


Gold

Let me know, much love!  And no, I didn’t forget…awkward family portrait worthy costume shot... ...numero 2: *love you Bekah boo!*

3 comments:

  1. I can only see a picture of the first dress, which i FINE with me because I love MK and obviously think you should buy that one :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta copy and paste the links gurrl ;) check the others out that way bc they are SUPER cute! lurve you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok first of all, I LOVE the costume choice! That was seriously one of my top 5 choices when I was ordering costumes from PC at the beginning of this week. I ordered 4 to try on, and the only reason I didn't end up getting that Snow White one is because it said it didn't come with the red petticoat and I didn't want to spend the money/time trying to track one down.

    Second, all of those dresses are cute! Personally the black T Tahari dress is my favorite, but I could also very much see you in the gold International Concepts dress.

    ReplyDelete