Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time to pretend

Even though we still have over a month to go before Halloween (my favorite holiday of all time), I started to think about potential costume options last night.  I usually have some notion of what I want to go as by now, or I can easily think of someone/thing, but I’m afraid this year I might resort back to just getting the cutest thing from Party City.  Now it’s been four years since I’ve done this so I don’t feel so guilty handy over the reins to ‘professionals’, it’s just that there aren’t any current celebrities who are both interesting and not totally played out.  I managed to jump on the Playboy bunny, Amy Winehouse (RIP), Lady Gaga and Katy Perry ideas before any of them had gotten (too) obnoxious…I would like to pause and complain about the incessant sniffing from the middle-aged man in casual clothes who came all the way to Starbucks to dink around on his ipad.  As both a germaphobe and someone who is annoyed by people that flash their stupid toys in my face, I’m this close to moving or better yet, asking him to.  Can you tell it’s Thursday by my feistiness? 
Okay, now where was I?  Before you think that I’m one of those girls who just wants to look cute and glamorous at Halloween, let me just take this time to tell you that yes, you are exactly right about that.  I am not ashamed, and I think I speak for a lot of women when I say that I am going to take full advantage of my 20s in that way.  Unlike those pampered housewives with full-time nannies and a bachelor’s in interior design who married financial analysts two or fewer years out of Alabama, Ole Miss, <insert SEC school here>, I will not be able to dedicate my time to staying borderline anorexic by playing tennis, pretending to break a sweat on the elliptical, oh and not eating anything but salmon salads and diet coke.  I will still be eating real people food and I’m sure drinking roughly the same amount, so when my metabolism falls out (oh please be kind!), and I can’t dress up as a ‘sexy mailwoman’ anymore, I will be glad I had circa 2011 ;)  <update> Mr. Sniffles has left the building, success!
And now for a Halloween pic: 

Ohh Gumby...

*and on that note, I will be posting pics from Halloweens past over the course of the next month    
so stay tuned!

Let's just call it the weekend Angels--go celebrate with a delicious meal, satisfying beverage, and
someone(s) that truly enriches your life.  We deserve it!

CAR-CAR

No comments:

Post a Comment