Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter Fashion!

Hi bloggie babies!  So I'm sure by now you're ready for me to do something a little 'lighter', yes?  I am too, you know I have a 3 to 1 fun vs. serious ratio (on a good day) ;)

As winter is starting to relentlessly bear down on us all, I thought it would be helpful to y'all (and myself!) to explore some more stylish day-to-day fashion options.  As tempting as it is to throw on a tee, oversized long-sleeve, sweatshirt and those old Fugs...none of which match worth a darn...let's not let the fridgid temps ruin our sterling image my little style icons!

Vogue magazine does a Top Ten (best dressed) of the week, which inspired me to do the same.  I am, however, pooling from ALL those who inspire me stylistically :)  First, I will borrow from V and Marie-Claire's featurette on the youngest Olsen sister, because I am a sucker for everything linked to MK 'n A.

Look #1:
Miranda Kerr in NYC.  She is adorable--watched her on Chelsea Lately last night.  You done good, Orlando.  Tailored jackets, contrary to popular belief, can keep you just as warm as sweatshirts and are MUCH easier to layer and work with.  The puffing in this leather number gives it an added feminine touch.  The pants are a versatile color without being boring or predictable, and again very tailored and chic.  Opting for a longer shirt also adds an era of uniqueness...if you must wear leggings as pants please follow suit!  Topping the look off with buckled boots for edge, an oversized bag and sunglasses tie the pieces together.  *I wear my sunglasses in snow.  Cause I'm hot, cause I'm hott.*

Look #2:
 
Monique Pean in NYC.  Okay, so I have no idea who this is, but nice pairing girlfriend.  This is a prime example of taking summer and fall looks into winter without looking like a bone head.  Simply gather up your cutest LONGER, at least knee-length dresses in dark and light prints--depending on the occasion and other key components, and a full-sleeved oversized cardigan--embellishments encouraged!  The floral and sequins combo work wonders for that feminine pizazz.  Adding a conversation necklace and unique ankle booties makes the look all her own, so go crazy!

Looks #3 and 4:
Elizabeth Olsen, you are a doll.  I foresee big things, one of them being fashion mogul status.  This day-to-night set of winter creations is oh so easy, but oh so polished!  A few highlights:  the matched bag and belt in a sharp contrast shade from the rest of the ensemble; the collared shirt under sweater--sucker for the classic; and neutral stage shoes to add a high brow touch to the monochromatic girly top and skirt.

Now for a few of my friends' chic winter looks!  Bekah and I:  Basic with a splash of COLOR!
  Devin and I:  How to LAYER over a sleeveless dress!


Adrianne and I: Sweaters & Boots!


Oh, and the guys from Burried Life!
  
For purse inspiration, check out the Kate Spade Sample sale with 75% off selected items...extended until midnight tonite!  SALE

My personal favorite is the Windsor Square Gabrielle, made with Ostrich embossed leather.  So sophisticated!

Much Love,
xo-Carli-xo
Originally $500!:

Look #1:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fashion tips!! Who needs Vogue, when you have Carli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey doll, I love this post, obvi! Also, I love Eliz Olsen!
    Thanks for including me. You're a dearheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! The fashion blogs are always a joy to create :) And yes, Lizzy is the best--we still need to see her latest movie...

    ReplyDelete